We’re Upgrading Our Billing System!
Our new billing system will be available and ready to provide you with new features when accessing your account.
Learn all about your new bill below.
How Will I Pay My Bill Online?
To pay your bill online, you will need to create a self-care account for free online access to your Astound account. You will need to have your account name, number and security password ready to sign up. Once logged on, you can view and pay your bill online. Astound accepts payments online using credit or debit cards with the VISA, MasterCard, Discover or American Express logo and by direct debit from a bank checking account.
Will My Account Number Change?
Yes, you will have a new 13-digit account number on your new bill. Please update any electronic payment information to reflect this change.
What Charges Will Appear on My Very First Astound Bill?
There are a number of factors that impact the amount of your first Astound statement, not the least of which is the type and number of services you’ve purchased. Here are several factors to keep in mind when reviewing your first Astound statement.
- Based on what day of the month you signed up, Astound will bill you a prorated portion of your regular monthly service charges for the current month. This applies to Cable TV, Internet and Phone services.
- All standard taxes and fees appropriate for your state and local region will be included for the current month.
- In keeping with industry standards, Astound bills one month in advance including estimated taxes and fees for Internet services. So, in addition to the prorated portion of the first month’s service changes, you will also be charged the entire amount of the following month’s regular monthly service charges, taxes and fees. This is typically the reason why your first statement will be larger than succeeding statements, at least where Cable TV and Internet services are concerned.
- Phone services, in some part are based on variable usage, and therefore not billed a month in advance. So, while you will see a prorated charge for the first month’s service, you will not see an advance charge for the next month’s service, as is the case with Cable TV and Internet services. This, together with your prorated charge for your first month of service makes your phone charges appear less than is typical.
- Installation fees, if any, are typically included in your first statement following the technician’s installation visit.
- If you are upgrading to different a service bundle, expect to see either prorated and/or advance service charges appear on your statement for the new services. Likewise, if you are downgrading, expect to see your next statement reflect prorated service changes based on the date you stopped the service.
When is Payment Due for My Astound Bill?
To avoid the possibility of incurring late fees, Astound recommends paying your bill immediately upon receiving your monthly statement. Your due date is listed on your monthly statement, on each page in the upper right hand corner.
Will I be Charged a Late Fee if I Do Not Pay My Astound Bill On Time?
Astound encourages customers to make timely payments to avoid late fees and possible service interruption. Astound reserves the right to charge late fees when payments are not made on time. If you are charged a late fee, you will be notified through a printed message on your bill.
My Payment Is Late and I Received a Disconnect Warning. How Can I Avoid Having my Services Turned Off?
Call 410.987.9300 and select the option for Billing. This will put you in touch with a customer service representative who will help you settle your account.
My Services Have Been Disconnected Due To Late Or Non-Payment. How Can I Have My Services Reconnected and Is There a Reconnection Fee?
Call 410.987.9300 and select the option for Billing. This will put you in touch with a customer service representative who will help you settle your account. You will have to pay a reconnect fee for each Astound service (Internet, Phone, Cable TV) that has been shut off due to late payment and reconnected. If you have any past due balance, it must be paid in full before Astound can restore your service. Customers who have been disconnected are also subject to a Non-pay Restoral fee. This fee helps to defray the day-to-day administrative, accounting, and technical operations costs associated with managing the disconnect process. It will only be applied to those customers who have had their service terminated as a result of failure to pay their bill and have reconnected after being disconnected. Customers may also be subject to an additional fee if a technician may be required to reconnect services to your home.
Can I View My Bill Online Instead of (or in addition to) Receiving a Paper Bill?
Yes! To view your bill online, you will need to create a self-care account for free online access to your Astound account. You will need to have your account name, number and security password ready to sign up. Once logged on you can choose the billing method that’s right for you, look for Paperless Billing.
How Do I View My Bill History Online?
Once you’ve registered for a self-care account and logged on to the system, visit the Account Summary page. Then click on the “View Previous Statements” button below the current statement. You will be presented with a list of past statements. Click on the statement you want to view. Astound will keep up to 12 months of statements online. We recommend that you copy the PDF files to your hard drive for safe keeping.
Note: You will need Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer in order to view your bills, which are displayed as PDF documents in your web browser. (Many web browsers/computers come with Adobe Acrobat already included, if yours does not, download Adobe Acrobat now).
Can I Pay A Bill For Someone Else?
Yes. To pay an Astound bill for a friend or family member, call 410.987.9300 and one of our helpful representatives can help you make a payment. You will need to have the account number handy for the bill you are paying. Currently, you cannot pay a bill for someone else online. This option is only available through calling our Care Center.
Can I Pre-Pay for a Whole Year?
Astound does not currently accept pre-payments for services.
Can I Receive My Astound Bill in Spanish or a Language Other Than English?
Astound does not currently offer bills in other languages.
How Do I Disconnect My Astound Service(s)?
We’re sorry to hear that you want to downgrade or cancel your service. Please contact us at 410.987.9300 so we may assist you.
Where Can I Mail My Payment?
Please mail all payments to the following address:
PO Box 11816
Newark, NJ 07101-8116