Summer ‘22 Trivia Edition
For over a hundred years some of the greatest video treasures of all time have been produced. Some have been lost in the sands of time and others, soon to be rediscovered, will become fan favorites for a whole new generation.
Each week we will feature just one of the many hidden gems that you can see on ATVN with insights and commentaries on classic television shows, key names in the “Golden Age” of entertainment history and legendary cinematic performances.
I hope all of you are having a wonderful summer and have enjoyed reading background insights and little known information about our classic programs and watching them on the Astound TV Network!
Now it’s time to test your knowledge by taking our Classic Video Showplace “summer 2022” edition of our quiz.
See how you do answering the following questions and then check out the answers listed below.
- Which former professional sports star played himself in a motion picture based on his own courageous journey to break baseball’s color barrier?
- Name the actress who played the lead in television’s first successful female-driven comedy program? (Hint: The answer is not Lucille Ball)
- What former US Olympic gold medalist starred in the show featuring real life stories based on the French Foreign Legion?
- What innovative technique created in 1953 was used to enhance visual images for motion pictures and was utilized in films like The 12 Mile Reef ?
- Which early television Western was one of the first programs to treat Native Americans fairly and equally when distributing justice?
- What country was the “All-American Comedian” Bob Hope born in?
- Ernest Borgnine burst on the scene with his Academy Award-winning portrayal of the titular character in 1955’s Oscar for Best Picture, Marty. On what show was his final television appearance?
- Veteran actor George Kennedy served under what legendary war hero, who’s life was later made into a 1970 Academy Award winning motion picture and was portrayed in the film by Academy Award Winner, George C. Scott?
- Speaking of Scott, which of his co-stars in 1959’s Anatomy of a Murder flew bombing raids missions during the last two years of World War II? (This pilot/actor also won an Academy Award).
- What is the unofficial term used to describe a hit show, taking a drastic change in plot lines just to create a ratings grabber – only to have the ploy backfire and lead to the eventual cancellation of the program?
- Jackie Robinson
- Gracie Allen (The Burns and Allen Show premiered a full year PRIOR to I Love Lucy)
- Buster Crabbe
- The Range Rider
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- James Stewart
- “Jumping the Shark”
You can see all of the above-mentioned actors and many of these classic films and television shows during this summer’s programming lineup on the Astound TV Network. To see the full listing of classic programming on ATVN, check out the weekly listings here.
Don’t forget to keep checking back to the Showplace for more classic trivia and little-known bits of information about some of the greatest shows and movies of all time.
The views expressed in this blog are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Astound Broadband or any other agency, organization, employer or company.