1. Jason Dufner won the PGA on Sunday, the final Major of the year. Doesn’t he look like one of the guys who plays in your foursome each week? No fancy clothes, no pretentiousness, no annoying habits (well, maybe the “chew”). My kind of guy!
2. The Eagles were somewhat entertaining in their preseason opening exhibition game with the Patriots on Friday night. The offense moved the ball and put up 22 points; the defense, however, also, allowed the opponent to move the ball and put up 31 points. Both need to get better; the defense MUCH better.
3. Frandsen, Ruf, Asche, Kratz, De Fratus, Diekman, Wells, were all in the Phillies lineup on Sunday. WHO????
4. Since the Phillies are not going to make the playoffs, the next chance for a postseason game in Philadelphia would be an NFL playoff game involving the Eagles. That would be January 4, 2014 (587 days since the last playoff game). Since the Eagles are unlikely to make the playoffs, it would go to 700+ days for either the Flyers or Sixers to end the drought – also, not likely. By the way, the longest drought occurred from 1931 to 1947, a total of 5,652 days.
5. College football practice started last week and high school football practice starts this week. The bad news – summer is ending: the good news – football is beginning!